FlossyPinkMonkey

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

If I Could Ask...

If I Could Askā€¦

I want to know,
what intrigued you about me?
Was it my carefree display of smiles
or my long, dark, curling hair?
Was it my hazel eyes bearing sadness in glints?
Was my beauty so evil that you
had to exorcise it?
Or did I show you an essence of something lost,
something so deep you forgot it existed?
Did I endanger a terrible desire
from creeping out?
Or was there an air about me,
that you felt too much,
a display of too much sovereignty?
Why did you creep in so,
rain nightmares on a sleeping,
innocent, peaceful child?
destroy my temple?
Why did you silently
shatter my heart and
pierce my very soul?
To silently take away
what was me and
leave me with an empty, dirty shell?
I am intrigued as to know
how I regain my beauty,
my soul, my self,
my life?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Sue hardy-Dawson said…

    Your beauty is not in doubt, it is you who doubts it. Some things can't be taken, they can be obscured but never removed.

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Blogger Russell Ragsdale said…

    Sue is absolutely right!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Hi I've since tweeked this poem - only a little. But a couple of days ago Forward Press sent me a letter saying they are going to publish this poem in their inprint - womens words - it will be published on 31 dec in an anthology called 'a woman of substance'.

    ps Ive totally lost ur email sue!

    laura

     

Post a Comment

<< Home